About Us

Because a girl who grew up in the south most of her life, met her husband while in Italy and moved to Iowa in 2003. She is now a transplanted southern girl who's life has changed in many ways since moving to the Midwest. Now wanting to share her life, this blog began ...............

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

First Crochet Slipper/Shoe

I have been wanting for some time to attempt to make crochet shoes.  For some reason, it has been daunting to me and I have been somewhat afraid of trying to crochet shoes, slippers and boots.   I've looked online and even bought several patterns.  Over the past few days, I have been really wanting to do this, so no time like today to attempt my first crochet slipper/shoes.  My kids are on Spring Break and left today for a few days with mother, her husband and I am sure having the time of their lives since I haven't heard from them yet.  Hopefully, they made it there safely.  It's been a quiet day and I've been able to work on a pattern I recently bought over the internet of Etsy.  I only made one today but, I thought I would share with you guys what I have made so far and my progress when the shoes are complete.  I am wanting to wear these outdoors so I will be attempting some things I learned through some patterns I bought as well as adding liners to the inside.  I hoping they turn out okay. Regardless, I will still post the the steps along the way and the finished product.  I purchased the the Lola Slippers Pattern from Mamachee Patterns by Tara Murray.  She's got cute patterns for those who like to crochet.  

Here are pictures of my first crochet slipper/shoes ~~~~~>  I don't think it is perfect but, not too shabby for the first time crocheting slippers.  



No comments:

Post a Comment