About Us

Because a girl who grew up in the south most of her life, met her husband while in Italy and moved to Iowa in 2003. She is now a transplanted southern girl who's life has changed in many ways since moving to the Midwest. Now wanting to share her life, this blog began ...............

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies




Yesterday was the beginning of my kids Spring Break.  Since they got out early, they had two friends ride the bus home with them to have a play date.  My son was so busy they he didn't get his usual "quality" time with his mommy.  After dinner, my daughter was laying with me and my little boy was not happy about it, so I told him I would put him to bed and read him a story, that pleased him.  So, as I was getting ready to leave, I asked him if we should make cookies tomorrow.  He said yes.  I asked if chocolate chip cookies would be okay and he said yes.  Then he also wanted me to make peanut butter cookies as well.  He said I've done it before and that was for  parties and other events.  So, today I decide to compromise and make jumbo cookies from a recipe that I found searching the internet that I wanted to try by the Brown Eyed Baker.


Here is her recipe:    
Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS:




1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
4. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.

Her recipe says to try using her Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies shaping technique.  I used my ice cream scoop to make these jumbo cookies.   Mine didn't turn out like hers and I tried doing the shaping technique and just scooping them on the sheet and flattened the a bit.  Both turned out big and taste the same.  My daughter came in as they were cooling on the cookie rack and said "Wow those are really big cookies".  I have to agree with her and I enjoyed one for a snack this afternoon with a nice glass of milk.  






No comments:

Post a Comment