About Us

Because a girl who grew up in the south most of her life, met her husband while in Italy and moved to Iowa in 2003. She is now a transplanted southern girl who's life has changed in many ways since moving to the Midwest. Now wanting to share her life, this blog began ...............

Friday, January 24, 2014

Southern Pecan Pie Muffins

 I love pecan pie and in my immediate family consisting of my husband and two children, I am the only one who will eat pecan pie.  So, in efforts to not having to eat a whole pie by myself, I thought I would give this recipe for Southern Pecan Pie Muffins by the Country Cook  a try that I found the other evening looking through Pinterest.  I will say that I have a long list of pins of recipes that I want to try.  This is one I wanted to try and share with you guys.  

Southern Pecan Pie Muffin & Home Made Yogurt 

So, this morning I had a pecan pie muffin along side my home made yogurt which will be another post when I make more yogurt after I run out and need to make more.  I loved the muffins and I am glad the recipe only makes 9 so I don't have to eat a bunch.  Well, maybe a little sad that it only makes 9 since I could eat more.  One can always double the recipe, right?  These muffins aren't pecan pie but, they are a good substitute.  This recipe is definitely a keeper.  Thanks to The Country Cook for posting this recipe.  The only problem I had was that my cupcake liner stuck to the muffin even though as the recipe indicated I sprayed the cupcake liners as well.  I am not sure what happened or what I did wrong.  Oh well.  That prompted me to order some silicone cupcake liners off of Amazon.  



For those who are interested, Here is what you need to do:


You will need: 
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar, packed (dark or light brown)
1 cup chopped pecans
2 large eggs
11 tbsp. real butter (about 1 1/3 sticks), melted


Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.

Place 9 cupcake paper liners into regular muffin pan and spray each of the liners with nonstick cooking spray (this will make 9 muffins).


In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and pecans until mixed well.


In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until foamy 


and then add melted butter. Stir well.


   Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture. 


Stir until moistened.


Spoon the batter into the cups. You will need to fill them to almost full.  There is no leavening agent (like baking powder or baking soda) in these to make them rise real high. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.  Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. 

Fresh out of the oven

Here is the finished product all nice and pretty and ready for me to eat
What went wrong? The muffin stuck to the liner.  I can say what I was able to eat was very tasty.  


UPDATE:    Use silicone liners, I purchased my Silicone Baking Cups on Amazon.    Muffins stick to the paper liners and not these.  :)  









No comments:

Post a Comment